Remote Desktop Services (RDS) were significantly improved since Server 2016 was released. We can now can build more functional and reliable Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS) solutions for our customers, including VDI scenarios with GPU acceleration.
Here is the list of RDS 2016 new features and improvements:
- Windows10-like experience
- New GPU acceleration capabilities – RemoteFX improvements and Discrete Device Assignment feature
- Personal Session Desktops – VDI, based on Windows Server 2016 inside the guest
- New traffic protocol – RDP v10
- Remote Credential Guard – protects credentials from being stolen during the logon process into RDS
- New RDS clients for Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android
- Optimized Connection Broker – handles much more requests and can store its DB in Azure SQL Database
- Simplified deployment of RDS in Azure
- Integrated MultiPoint Services
Contact us to learn how this solution could benefit how your business connects users.