Duties: to be performed under the guidance of the directors.
1. Provide Telephone and Remote second line support
2. Provide site based installation of hardware and software
3.Learn within the job and help deploy new technologies.
4. To help support Sussex based businesses.
1. To hold a full UK driver’s license and have own vehicle.
2. To be experienced in all aspects of installation and support for Windows.
3. To be experienced in all aspects of support in relation to Server O/S and networks.
4. To be experienced in all aspects of support in relation to Microsoft Office.
5. Installation and support of Networks.
6. Basic PC based hardware diagnostics and fault finding abilities
7. Experience with setting up internet routers, wireless networks from various vendors
1. To be experienced in all aspects of support in relation to Server Operating systems
2. To be experienced in all aspects of support in relation to servers, desktops and networking equipment
3. A working knowledge of VMware, Microsoft server and Cisco.
4. The ability to carry out structured cabling, termination, and testing
5. Completed at least one Microsoft qualification module
1. Ideally, a minimum of two years commercial IT experience operating in the small to medium business market supporting usually 25+ users.
1. Have the physical fitness to complete the role as demanded by the duties above
2. Good interpersonal skills to communicate with team members and the Clients.
3. A good telephone manner and a cheerful disposition
4. Be able to work as a part of a team and adapt accordingly
5. Presentable and clean
6. Good timekeeping,
7. Committed to delivering the best technical solution for our clients.
8. Reliable and trustworthy
9. Ability to work unsupervised
10. Motivated and willingness to keep training in technologies.
11. Good attention to detail
The successful applicant will have to successfully complete a CRB check.
In the event of successfully being offered the position, the applicant will receive a 6 week induction period to include:
1. Three weeks supervised work with senior engineer
2. An end of week review of their performance for the induction period
3. Three weeks of unsupervised work
4. A final review to include feedback from other team members and the candidate.
The decision will then be made as to whether further training is required and/or if the candidate is suitable.
Probationary period: 6 months
Performance Appraisals: 6 monthly reviews with feedback
Direct applicants please, no recruitment agents.
Job Type: Full-time
- Burgess Hill, West Sussex
- IT: 2 years
Required licence or certification:
- Driving License