Openings for First & Second line IT Support and Installations Engineer – ABCOM
Dynamic growing business focusing primarily on B2B IT support. We’re looking for an energetic and outgoing member of the team that can grow with the company.
Duties: to be performed under the guidance of the directors.
1. Provide Telephone and Remote second line support
2. Provide site based installation of hardware and software
3. Provide site based second and third line support
4. To cover Sussex, Surrey and Greater London areas
1. To hold a full UK driver’s license and have own vehicle.
2. To be experienced in all aspects of installation and support for Windows 7 and 8.
3. To be experienced in all aspects of support in relation to Server 2012 / 2008 and SBS.
4. To be experienced in all aspects of support in relation to Microsoft Office 2013 and 365.
5. Installation and support of Networked based printing
6. Basic PC based hardware diagnostics and fault finding abilities
7. Experience with setting up internet routers, wireless networks from various vendors
1. To be experienced in all aspects of support in relation to Server Operating systems
2. To be experienced in all aspects of support in relation to desktops and Mac OS X
3. A working knowledge of VM ware
5. The ability to carry out structured cabling, termination and testing
6. Completed at least one Microsoft qualification module
1. Ideally a minimum of twelve months commercial IT experience operating in the small to medium business market supporting 10- 25+ users
1. Have the physical fitness to complete the role as demanded by the duties above
2. Good interpersonal skills to communicate with team members and the Clients in small operating environments
3. A good telephone manner and a cheerful disposition
4. Be able to work as a part of a team and adapt accordingly
5. Presentable and clean
6. Good time keeper
8. Reliable and trustworthy
9. Ability to work unsupervised
11. Good attention to detail
The successful applicant will have to successfully complete a CRB check
Induction: In the event of successfully being offered the position the applicant will receive a 6 week induction period to include:
1. Three weeks supervised work with senior engineer
2. An end of week review of their performance for the induction period
3. Three weeks of unsupervised work
4. A final review to include feedback from other team members and the candidate.
The decision will then be made as to whether further training is required and/or if the candidate is suitable.
Probationary period: 6 months
Performance Appraisals: 6 monthly reviews with feedback
Advancement opportunities: In the long term the business has an aggressive growth strategy and opportunities for advancement will arise.
Direct applicants please, no recruitment agents.
Please email Nicola@abcom.co.uk